Thursday, January 20, 2022

 It's Alive!



It’s a miracle! I resurrected this blog! I stuck a jumper cable to it and I think it’s starting to show signs of life. Actually, a lot of you have been coming back, checking in, e-mailing me, and perhaps, re-reading some of my posts. Thank you for that.

Although this blog is STILL the Immortal Alcoholic, there will be some changes to update the style and a few other things. I hope you will like the fresh approach and continue to support me by reading and commenting.

I’ll still be accepting guest bloggers while expanding the subject range. Tell me about what you do or what you would like to do for fun and entertainment. Do you have a favorite movie, book, food, restaurant? Tell me about it. Let’s see if we can open up some topics/subjects that will invite some dialog. But let’s stay away from the political mumble jumble that has most of us in a tizzy these days. We all have an opinion and we all think we are right. There’s no need to re-hash what’s been hashed to pieces.

A brief update on Linda – me! I’m in the sunny state of Florida and am happier than a frog on a lily pad in the middle of a pond in the deep south. I’m living proof that there is life AND happiness when the chaos settles and peace is allowed in the house.

I know you are all curious – YES! I’m about two years into a relationship with a man who cares more about me than he does about what’s in his drinking glass. Imagine that! He worries about me and holds the car door open for me. He allows me the – no—he encourages me to be the best of whatever it is I want to be. Believe me, that can change hourly. He accepts me as I am. There are no conditions to his caring. He just does. I didn’t know that men like him existed. If he exists, there must be others out there.

Employment is still on my plate. Although, I now work as an independent contractor rather than an employee. Currently I’m writing a procedure manual for the company. I love this job, the people I work for and the sense of usefulness I get when I’m able to make a difference.

Temporarily Dead is a mystery novel that has been in my computer for quite some time now. It has now graduated to being on my desktop and available for editing and re-writing. It will be out to the public in November. I may, from time to time, post snippets of the story on this blog. This will give you an opportunity to decide if you might like to buy the book and read it from cover to cover.

There will be re-writings of The Immortal Alcoholic’s Wife and several of my other books. Watch for those announcements here.

Look to this blog for a variety of information designed to provide support for all of those who have been, or is currently, collaterally damaged by alcoholism. While most of what I provide is relevant to any addiction, my main focus is on alcoholism.

Please leave your comments, especially the ones telling me what YOU would like to see on this site.

Till next time! 

Linda

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It’s Alive! Welcome back Linda! It sounds like you’re thriving and that’s so exciting! I used to read your blog religiously a few years back while living in the shitstorm of living with an alcoholic for 30 years. He hit bottom and was sober for a year and a half. Truly a miracle as I thought it was hopeless. It was actually a delightful time as he gained his strength back and started participating in life and the family again. I felt this time it was different. surprise surprise. He’s drinking again but doesn’t know that I know. He’s working very hard to keep it together and I’m not going to go down that hole again. I’m looking to the future. I thank you for being there when I felt alone in this secret universe of living with an end stage alcoholic. Thrilled you are blogging again and I’d love to know more about your Florida lifestyle!! Moving to a Florida is what gets me through each day! It’s currently negative 2 degrees where I am right now . Hoping to make the move in a year or so and enjoying the research in the meantime. I’m thrilled for you! You deserve all good things! ��☀️

Jon Winter said...

Wow, thanks for coming back

Anonymous said...

Loved your blog before Covid, and happy you are back. Everything you say is helpful. Glad your life is improving so much. It gives the rest of us married to alcoholics hope of a somewhat normal life later. Ive been married to mine 46 years, but he's so sick, and so out of it every time he drinks, that I think the end is near. You are a wonderful resource. Thank you for coming back.