Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Alcoholics and Rehabs


Just for the Alcoholic

Recently it was pointed out to me that my blog was inappropriately named if the focus is to be on the family and NOT the alcoholic. Back in the day when Riley was still alive, I provided information about him and about the disease of alcoholism. He is gone now and the focus has shifted to only being about how the family can survive. I now realize that I have to do things a bit differently.

I’ve added a page to the blog that is just for the alcoholic reader. I will NOT post on this page personally because I am NOT an alcoholic and I believe they don’t need to hear from me. I would like to have stories from alcoholics. They can write about almost any relevant topic they want. The submissions will be reviewed prior to posting. To provide a posting, please e-mail me at ImmortalAlcoholic@gmail.com with guest in the subject line.

Rehab Corner

For the rehab centers, there will be a new page, “Rehab Corner”. This page will be sponsored (paid) submissions from rehab centers. They can submit postings explaining what they offer and note what makes their facility stand out among all the rest. Contact information will be included. Financial information concerning insurance and other means of payment will also be included. Package plans are available which will include a presence at any of the upcoming events.

Rehab centers that offer a substantial family program focusing on the recovery of the family rather than how the family can help the alcoholic, will be invited to post on the main page free of charge. I will review the center’s posting for the content and program details as it relates to the family. A presence of handouts and participation at events will be available.

For more information for rehab postings please e-mail ImmortalAlcoholic@gmail.com with posting in the subject line.

No comments: